Weldon McInnis is a full service law firm based in Dartmouth. Our firm believes in giving back to the community. Weldon McInnis is also committed to provide a diverse workplace that fosters a culture of value, respect, and appreciation.
Weldon McInnis has an immediate opening for the position of Legal Assistant and is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our firm. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide legal administrative support to a senior lawyer in the property and general litigation practice. This includes areas such as Real Estate & Property, Wills & Estates, Litigation, and Corporate/Commercial.
The key function of this position is to provide key support to a senior litigation lawyer; areas of responsibilities are:
- Manage and prioritize senior Partner’s calendar and process daily emails, phone messages;
- Maintain, schedule and organize meetings, arrange discoveries, book court reporter and room;
- Preparation, record keeping and filing of litigation documents, may include motion records, briefs/affidavits of authorities, trial records and the like, in both electronic and hard copy formats;
- Assist in time keeping as well as preparation of pre-bills, invoices to clients.
- Arrange for client payment and follow up;
- Provide additional administrative support to other assistants when time allows;
- Meet deadlines and multi-task, and to prioritize as needed;
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files.
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- 5 year legal assistant experience; education and/or training would be a definite asset.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation to ensure quality control of reports and correspondence.
- Ability to establish priorities, multitask, and work independently. Be comfortable with a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions.
- Experience in pcLaw is an asset.
Weldon McInnis is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. If you are interested in this exciting role and think that you meet the general description of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To learn more about Weldon McInnis please visit our website at https://weldonmcinnis.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.