Weldon McInnis has an immediate opening for a Senior Paralegal to join our Property Team. The primary responsibility of the Senior Property Paralegal position is to provide legal administrative support to lawyers in the Property Department. The Senior Paralegal will ensure that the full cycle of real estate transactions (residential and commercial) is processed and completed with precision and accuracy, with files completed within a demanding timeline.
This Senior Paralegal will also help mentor and supervise two other legal assistants and coordinate closely with Finance to ensure daily transactions are completed without delay.
Weldon McInnis embraces and appreciates a culture of diversity. We provide a fast paced yet casual, close-knit workplace atmosphere. We guarantee that you will not be bored. We embrace a collaborative and teamwork approach in whatever we do, here the employees are our success story.
If you are interested in this exciting role and think that you meet the general description of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Property Paralegal Position is to provide legal administrative support to lawyers in the Property Department. This position will ensure that the full cycle of real estate transactions (residential and commercial) is processed and completed with precision and accuracy, with files completed within a demanding timeline. In addition, the incumbent will assist in supervision of the other legal assistants in the property department.
Permanent Full Time with full benefits program
- Provision of key support to Property lawyers; this includes review and prioritization of incoming/outgoing correspondence for lawyers to review;
- Ensure full cycle of real estate transactions (includes purchase/sale of commercial, new home construction, Refinancing, etc.) are processed and completed accurately and on a timely basis;
- Preparation of Agreements of Purchase and Sale; understand the basic of refinancing and mortgages;
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with buyers’ and sellers’ lawyers
- Ability to complete Statement of Adjustments for all purchase and sale transactions;
- Trained by Property Online, ability to process e-submissions and scan documents to enter into Property Online;
- Preparing final reporting packages for bank and clients
- Ability to execute large volumes of documents and use firm technology to store and organize documents digitally;
- Maintain, schedule and organize client meetings and room bookings;
- Assist in time keeping as well as preparation of pre-bills, invoices to clients.
- Arrange for client payment and follow up;
- Provide additional administrative support to other assistants when time allows;
- Meet deadlines and multi-task, and prioritize as needed;
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
- Mentor and supervise two legal assistants.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience in real estate (purchase/sale, mortgage and bridge financing) transactions.
- Strong competence in the use of MS Office; well versed in emerging related software.
- Speed and accuracy in word processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to provide superior client service;
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Knowledge of PCLaw application and other documentation related software such a Hot Doc.
Hours of Work 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Salary Scale: Under review
Probation Period Three (3) months