- You control the process and the outcome, not the lawyers or the courts
- You avoid devastating court battles which can be draining both emotionally and financially
- You are protecting your children from the negative effects of going to court where any goodwill is soon crushed
- A great deal of the time, money and energy spent on court applications and trial preparation, is instead directed to developing solutions and problem solving
- Clients and collaborative lawyers work together as members of the settlement team, rather than working against each other as “opposing parties”
The result is a fair settlement that addresses the needs and concerns of both you and your spouse.